How It Works
1. If you wish to place an ad or contact an advertiser, please click
register to open an account
then follow these ten simple steps;
2. Click 'CREATE
3. Select a MAIN CATEGORY e.g. Lost Cats
4. Specify the details of your advert:
• Advert length - how long you want your advert to run for - drop down menu
• Advert title - The name of the item you are selling
• Country you are based in - drop down menu
• Advert description - include as much information as possible about your
5. Click 'SUBMIT'
6. Upload images if you want to. Select 'Choose file' and browse for the
image on your computer.
Please note the first image is free and extra images are £1.00 per extra image posted. There will be a link
to the full size image which will open in a pop-up window. Adding images,
especially if they are pictures you have shot yourself, will help reunite
7. Click 'ENTER IMAGE INFORMATION'
and wait for the images to upload. The more images you want to upload, the
longer it will take. It will also depend on your internet connection speed.
Please be patient!
8. Click 'APPROVE' after checking
through all the details of your advert.
9. Check the transaction summary, which will give you details of your
account and your advert. If you want to select any of the extra options -
e.g. featured advert (£2.50) do so here. You can submit up to 5 images.
Once done, click 'SUBMIT'.
10. You will then be able to see TRANSACTION TOTALS. If all is correct,
click 'APPROVE TRANSACTION.' If you
have selected paid options you will be taken to a secure
page where you can either pay with your paypal account, or securely online
by credit or debit card. Be sure to select 'no postage required' on the
F. A. Q.
Do I need to be registered to post adverts?
Yes! If you want to sell items on
LostMyCat.org you will need to
Q2. Do I need to be registered to browse
No! You can freely browse all the
items for sale on the site without being registered.
Do I need to be registered to contact
the seller of an item I am interested in?
Yes! If you want to buy an item, you
need to be
you can contact the seller.
How do I contact the ad poster about the
cat they have lost or found on LostMyCat.org?
To buy an item, simply click 'CONTACT
ADVERTISER' on the advert of the cat you are interested int. You can
then communicate directly with the advertiser.
Q6. Is it safe?
Buying on LostMyCat.org is as safe as
YOU make it. If you have found a cat do not part with it until you are
convinced the correct owner is claiming it. If you have lost your cat, try
to get as much information about your cat from the finder before collecting,
and never meet anyone alone. Using LostMyCat.org is the same as using any
other classified advert service - Use your common sense.